Saturday, February 7, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Hi everyone!

It's about midnight on Feb 7th and I'm getting ready to leave on Monday afternoon. I'm feeling a lot of things - fear, excitement, sadness, exhileration... complete lack of knowing what to expect. My dad said something to me today that I think is worth sharing - he always has a poetic and lovely way of putting things. In the movie Private Benjamin, Goldie Hawn's character is getting ready to parachute out of a plane for the first time and her commanding officer says "I hope you catch a cloud, Benjamin." He said that's what he hopes for me in this experience and I hope it too. It's going to be scary and I have no idea what will happen, but it has the potential to take my breath away and become a defining moment in my life. I guess we'll see....

I'll write more as soon as I can. Thanks for checking in!

Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Love the blog! I have a favorite travel quote of mine I wanted to share with you. Safe flight on Monday!

    “There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” - Charles Dudley Warner

    ReplyDelete
  2. The adventure begins. If nothing else, by the time you leave, those kids are going to know how to put on a damn good Christmas play.

    I look forward to more.

    Bobby (photo-less blog follower #4)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I get a little choked up when I read about the amazing things you are about to accompish. Have fun "exploring the great abyss" (one of my favorite quotes from Garden State)

    ReplyDelete