Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hooray for Hampi!

I loved the way this guy looked.
Me at sunrise in Hampi - I'm sitting on the roof of a ruined temple on the top of a huge hill.

The Temple elephant getting her morning bath. Isn't she cute? Her name is Lakshmi.


Cobras!



Our new Indian friends and swimming buddies.




February 28th, Hampi
This was one of the most incredible days of my life! I woke up at 5:15 and climbed a mountain to watch the sun rise, I watched the temple elephant get a bath in the river, I ate breakfast outside while looking out at a beautiful riverside view, I lay in a hammock and cuddled a cute dog, I was blessed by the temple elephant and even got to touch her trunk, I came across a snake charmer and held a cobra in my hands (ok, its venom had been taken out), I held a little monkey and fed him bananas, I rode on the back of a scooter to temples and a crystal clear lake surrounded by boulders and swam in my clothes, I got an Ayurvedic massage and had henna applied to my hands, and then I slept all night on the upper berth of an Indian train. I don’t think I can even write any more than that. It was just unbelievable. I think I might love India. Yeah… I love it.

1 comment:

  1. In a lifetime there are relatively few days that so define a life lived. Add this one.

    ReplyDelete